With the WAP-page I wrote you can post to your wordpress with a picture and text from your mobile phone. Only open a WAP-page in your phone and enter the data.
- xHTML-capable mobile with support for ‚content upload’*
- gd-library integrated in PHP
- upload a picture from your mobile phone and automaticly include it in your post
- choose your category by dropdown menu
- download the file and copy the included files and the ‚wp-images‘ directory into your wordpress main directory
- For password protection you must use the login name and password from ‚Writing by e-mail‘ under ‚options -> writing‘. Do not use the same login name and password from your WordPress login! Data will be send unencrypted!
- also choose the category where you want your posts to be shown (Default post by mail category)
- in wp-wappost.php you have to edit the path to your uploads and possibly disable the Nokia JPEG fix
- just open
http://domainname.tld/wp-wap.phpin the browser of your mobile phone and enter your data… that’s it
- the default category is the one you have chossen in your ‚writing by e-mail‘ options
- standard poster is the user with id 1; you can easyly change this by editing the line
$post_author = 1;in wp-wappost.php
Don’t hesitate to give feedback! Though this blog is in german your welcome to comment in english. I realy would be interested where in the world and with which mobile phone this little tool works .
have fun with your moblog
* known supported mobiles:
- Nokia: any newer camera phone (search for ‚content upload‘)
- Sony Ericsson: K750i and W810i works, maybe P800, P900, P910; but not Z1010 or K700i (look here)
- Siemens: S65 doesn’t work
- Motorola: v600 doesn’t work
It seems, that only Nokia supports this technology… let’s see, if this changes in the future!